How does your differential compare with the experts?
Is there any additional testing (i.e., lab, imaging, etc.) you would perform at this time?
- Pulmonary embolus (PE) or other thromboembolic event
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary artery disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)/exacerbation
- Allergic response
- Chronic gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) with aspiration
- Obstruction (foreign body) with aspiration
- Swallowing abnormality with aspiration
- Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Lung cancer
- Acid/base disturbance
- Fluid overload secondary to renal dysfunction
- Rheumatologic issue
- Neurologic issue