Level 1: Fever – Tests: Patient Information
How would you revise your DDX based on the test findings?
How would you revise your diagnostic explanation?
- Spinal tap revealed pressure, protein, and WBC/RBCs within normal limits, no bacteria
- Blood cultures negative
- CBC showed an elevated WBC count at 14,000 and no other abnormalities
- UA showed no leukocyte esterase, no pyuria or hematuria
- Allergy testing showed reactivity to grasses and pollen, no other allergies
- Tympanogram showed decreased TM mobility bilaterally with the right side being worse than the left.